Black Earth Premium
Black Earth Premium is our flagship substrate and is unlike any other soil substrates on the market. It is developed and manufactured from the ground up in our own laboratory backed by years of cumulative research and testing. The end result is a highly-advanced, highly-fertile substrate that supports long term lush, healthy plant growth.
4) Maximum fertility when you need it
Black Earth Premium is supplied virtually dry right out-of-the bag. Due to the lack of moisture, organic nutrients within the soil are preserved at their maximum level until use. Dried granules are also much easier and more pleasant to handle as they will not stick to your hands or fingers.
5) Creates slightly acidic water conditions
Black Earth Premium is made from natural, highly-fertile earth which is rich in humic and fulvic acids. As a result, it creates slightly acidic water conditions which is optimal for keeping aquatic plants and most freshwater fish.
Instructions for use
|Tank size (LxWxH: cm)||Tank volume||Minimum substrate|
|30x15x20||9 liters/3.4 gallons||2.5 liters|
|50x28x30||38 liters/10 gallons||6 liters|
|60x30x45||80 liters/20 gallons||9 liters|
|90x45x45||180 liters/50 gallons||18 liters|
|120x45x45||240 liters/65 gallons||28 liters|
1. DO NOT wash or rinse before use. Pour Black Earth directly onto the bottom of the aquarium. The substrate layer should be at least 1-2 inches thick to allow plant roots to fully grow.
2. Place and arrange decorative rocks and driftwood
3. Carefully add water. To fill the aquarium with water, first place a large plastic bag or newspaper on the soil surface to prevent water from impacting and stirring up the substrate. Slowly add water and take care not to disturb the substrate layer. Planting can be easily done when water is slightly above the substrate level.
4. Install proper filtration equipment and allow the tank to equilibrate. Make sure the filter outflow does not point directly at the soil to avoid distrubing the substrate layer.
For freshwater aquarium use only. Keep away from children.
Store unused soil in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and moisture.